A humorous outlook from the man who led the BBC Weather Team for 17 years, Bill Giles presents his one-man weather show
- How did Michael Fish miss the hurricane
- Why Ian McCaskill broadcast without
his shoes on!
- Will global warming affect you?
This fun evening will take you through:
- All weather phenomena: - rainbows, lightening, thunder waterspouts, tornadoes and hurricanes
- Bill Giles’ journey from his RAF days observing the H-Bomb tests in he South Pacific through to Head of the BBC Weather Centre
- Met Office jargon
- Climate change and the effect of greenhouse gases
- What weather we can expect in the next 50 – 100 years
- Bloomers at Television Centre!
Splashed with Anecdotes
An evening liberally splashed with anecdotes on his fellow presenters, Bill will answer all your questions on the weather including how hurricanes are born and how and why some clouds are mistaken for UFOs. There is even the opportunity for audience participation!
Bill, who was awarded the OBE in 1995 for services to weather broadcasting, was one of the first people to warn about Global Warming - nearly 20 years ago, and many of his theories then, are now fully accepted by scientists and politicians alike.
A post show Chat with Bill Giles
There will be weather related merchandise on sale including:
- Tea towels with Shipping Forecast area
- Mugs, T Shirts with weather centre symbols
- The best 30 weather sites on the internet how to use them
- Discs to create your own weather forecast
………and a chance for the audience to chat informally with Bill both during the interval and after the show.